Date(s) - 05/11/2019
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
We’re delighted to be able to offer a Nordic Walking Taster following on from the success of our ‘Winthrop Wednesday Walks’ – read below for more information about Nordic Walking – and if you want to come along – you must contact Melissa Sweeney to reserve your place – details at bottom of this post!
What is Nordic Walking?
Nordic Walking is an enhancement of ordinary walking but twice as effective.
Using the upper body with Nordic walking poles can make a normal walk utilise 20 – 46 % more
energy than normal walking.
It improves your posture and can use 90 % of the muscles in your body (96 % if you talk)
Nordic Walking can be done by anybody, anywhere and does not require expensive equipment
Nordic Walking is a fitness technique that everyone can participate in and should not be confused with trekking, hill walking or trail running. The poles are not planted in front but in a specific way to increase the use of the upper body.
• The use of poles means the upper body muscles including the core are used as well as the legs
• The poles propel the walker along working harder but feeling easier with a real improvement in posture and speed of walking, it also really helps with hills.
• It is also great fun and sociable!!
Who we are
Rotherham Nordic Walking has been formed to introduce to the Rotherham people to the amazing benefits of Nordic Walking. We cater for all levels of fitness and provide a range of training courses and walks. You may want to learn and then use your poles for your normal walking club or join our Adventure and Work out walks. Our instructors are highly trained with Nordic Walking UK and will provide a friendly approach to your journey to improved fitness whatever that goal maybe. We love to share our passion and nothing makes up happier that to see someone learn about Nordic Walking. We are building a instructor base and also walk leaders and are part of Nordic Walking UK
Nordic Walking Programme
We provide poles
• You can start with a free 45 minutes taster by signing into Nordic walking UK to see it is for you. We start with a warm up and an introduction to using poles and basics of the technique and finally a cool down. We will also explain the process of gaining your freedom passport.
• The next step is the 4 x 60 minutes sessions Learn to Nordic Walking going through the 4 step gear system which leads on to receiving your Freedom Passport.
• The Freedom passport will provide a years free membership of Nordic Walking and discounts on poles and other clothing and equipment. It will also allow you to access walks by other instructors in the UK
To reserve your place on a ‘Taster Session’ or for more information,
Contact Melissa Sweeney
Facebook : @Rotherham Nordic Walking